As you are ending your time of fasting you may be thinking when you will do this again?
At Real Life Church, we only fast corporately once a year. However, that doesn’t mean you should only fast then. This spiritual discipline can benefit you greatly as it becomes a new habit for you.
Here is an excerpt from an article I read recently on When We Should Fast:
1. When you are facing a mammoth task that you cannot do by yourself.
Nehemiah fasted while rebuilding the temple.
Examples: moving, launching a new business, starting new career, the adoption of a child
2. When you are facing physical danger.
Esther called a fast when her people faced persecution
Examples: facing surgery, preparing for military duty, performing a dangerous job or task
3. When you are under attack from the enemy.
II Chronicles 20 – King Jehoshaphat called a fast when his enemies surrounded him
Examples: when you face opposition to fulfilling the promises of God for you and your family.
4. When you are appalled at society
Ezra 9, Jonah 3
Examples: widespread abortion, the promotion of the radical homosexual agenda, the spread of immorality through the media
5. When you desire for your church to grow and prosper
Acts 2: 42, 47
6. When you encounter demonic oppression
Mark 9:17- 29
Prayer and fasting will cause Satan to tuck his tail and run!