The Best Yes: Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands (Book Review)
Book: The Best Yes: Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands
Author: Lysa TerKeurst
Amazon Link: Click here
From The Publisher:
Are you living with the stress of an overwhelmed schedule and aching with the sadness of an underwhelmed soul?
Lysa TerKeurst is learning that there is a big difference between saying yes to everyone and saying yes to God. In The Best Yes she will help you:
Cure the disease to please with a biblical understanding of the command to love.
Escape the guilt of disappointing others by learning the secret of the small no.
Overcome the agony of hard choices by embracing a wisdom based decision-making process.
Rise above the rush of endless demands and discover your best yes today.
This book is meant for ladies but I actually enjoyed it. Here are a couple of my favorite quotes and ideas:
- We must not confuse the command to love with the disease to please.
- Whenever you say yes to something, there is less of you for something else. Make sure your yes is worth the less.
- The decisions you make today matter. Every decision points your life in the direction you are about to travel. No decision is an isolated choice. It’s a chain of events. If you choose wisely, your future will reflect that. But if you don’t choose wisely, the decisions you make now will take you to places you don’t want to be later.
- The one who obeys God’s instruction for today will develop a keen awareness of His direction for tomorrow.
- Not making a decision is actually a decision. It’s the decision to stay the same