Archive for category: Read Everything
Hello Real Life Church!
June begins what we are calling SUMMER OF COMMUNITY.
This will be a fun and excited time to connect with God and each other.
There will be cookouts, church-wide scavenger hunts, and many other things coming our way this Summer with one purpose in mind… COMMUNITY.
Life is better together.
To add to this idea, RLC will be hosting only 1 worship experience through the month’s of June and July beginning at 10:00am.
All the action begins the first Sunday of June. Don’t miss it!
This is one of the videos I wanted to show this past Sunday for Part 1 of Jonah: Jonah In Us.
You’re not a failure unless you want to be.
Failure isn’t a person. It’s just an event.
Amazing speech on success.
“Success is when opportunity meets preparation.” -Zig Ziglar
Awesome motivational video!
Another amazing weekend at RLC has come and gone! It was wonderful! I’m already so excited about this coming weekend.
This week I want to let you know about three things happening this week at RLC!
1. Beginning June 2nd RLC will begin it’s summer initiative entitled “SUMMER OF COMMUNITY“. To kick it off through June and July we will be moving to 1 worship experience on Sunday mornings beginning at 10am. Please begin to make preparations for this amazing season of fun, inspiration, and community. It’s going to be a life-changing time for RLC and I can’t wait to get started.
2. MEMORIAL DAY COOKOUT- Make plans now to be at the Covington Woods Park this Sunday afternoon at 5pm for the RLC MEMORIAL DAY COOKOUT. It’s going to be a lot of fun. You don’t want to miss it.
3. Congratulations to all our RLC graduates! Great job! We’re proud of you!
4. I want to encourage everyone to take a minute to pray for everyone in the Oklahoma and Mid-West area who’s lives have been ravaged by the catastrophic weather. Reports are still coming in of absolute devastation. My family has witnessed first hand the horrible effects of weather like this and it’s not something you ever forget. Let’s agree to pray together for the victims, those who’ve experienced loss, and all the first-responders out there trying to save lives. Hug someone close to you tonight. Tell someone you love them.
Thanks so much. I’m so blessed and honored to be part of such an amazing church.
Hope to see you all this week at LifeGroup, AWANA, or this coming weekend.
Let’s be world changers together.
Hello RLC! Hope your week is off to a great start. Here are a few quick things I wanted to share with you today.
1. Mother’s Day. What a great day this past Sunday was! We celebrated Mother’s Day together let me say one last time, Happy Mother’s Day.
We both celebrate with you and pray for those who are feeling lose this Mother’s Day.
It was great to hear that many of you also used the Hot Rods tickets given out at the end of the 2nd worship experience. Thank you to Kayla Grorud for getting those.
2. You are a Disciple. This week don’t forget you are a Disciple. You have been sent into the world around you to be a positive change agent. Christ has called us to Find a Need and Meet It, Find a Hurt and Heal It, and Do A Bunch Of Other Things to Make a Difference In the Lives of Others.
3. New Series Beginning This Weekend>>> JONAH.
Here the promo video:
4. Memorial Day Cookout. Mark your calendars now for the RLC Memorial Day Cookout. Come hang out with all your RLC Friends and Family the the day before Memorial Day and enjoy food, fun, and friends. This year’s location is Covington Woods Park. The time is 5pm. Don’t miss this fun event.
5. SUB30. The RLC COLLEGE weekly worship event now called SUB30 got off to a great start. We’ve had the opportunity to connect with many wonderful students and have enjoyed the ride. Throughout the Summer we’re going to continue to meet every 2nd Wednesday until the Fall semester begins. Don’t forget to tell all your SUB30 friends so we can worship God together every 2nd Wednesday throughout Summer.
This Summer is going to be awesome. I look forward to seeing each of you this coming week. Until then “CATCH” you later. (Get ready for as many Jonah related jokes I can come up with.)
Another amazing weekend has come and gone. Once again I cannot express enough how awesome God is. Thank you to everyone for making such an amazing opportunity possible for those far from God to find Him.
At Real Life Church we like to say, “We’re making it hard for people to go to hell by making it easy for them to go to church.”
1. Be Salt and Light. This week I’m praying for all of you to experience opportunities to let your light shine for God. Remember the greatest message you can give isn’t from a pulpit or standing on the lunch room table. It’s living a real life full of the love of God.
2. SUB30. The Wednesday night worship experience now known as SUB30 has been amazing. Last week we experienced FEAR FACTOR as well as the 2nd part of our series “The Walking Dead”. This week is going to be another amazing experience. If you know anyone 30 years and under, tell them about SUB30. It begins at 8:30pm.
3. Summer of Community. This Summer at Real Life Church is going to be awesome. We will be unveiling the plans very soon so be looking for them. Our focus this summer is to connect everyone to all the other Real-Lifer’s and simply “do life” together. It’s going to be great.
4. Be A Life Group Leader. Have you enjoyed the RLC life groups? Have you ever thought about leading a life group yourself?
The next semester of Life Groups will be starting up in August and now is the time to begin planning for it. If you would like to lead a life group have never had the opportunity NO PROBLEM. We’ll help you get started. For more information, contact the RLC team here.
5. Congratulations to Ben Alsobrook. Tonight is a special moment for the Alsobrook family. Their oldest son Ben Alsobrook is receiving his Eagle Scout Honors. It’s amazing to realize how many Eagle Scouts have gone on to become Presidents of The United States, CEOs of Major Corporations, Astronauts, etc, etc, etc. Ben will now join that elite few of scouts have went all the way and become the best. The world is better because of him and we can’t wait to see how he changes it in the days ahead. Congratulations Ben Alsobrook.
6. Praying for the RLC College Peeps. Don’t forget to be praying for our RLC College peeps who will be taking finals all this week. The stress of finals weeks can seems overwhelming but God is faithful and this to shall pass. Let’s pray for God’s grace and peace to overshadow them as the study hard and finish strong.
That’s all I’ve got for this week. You guys are awesome. I cannot wait to see everyone sometime this week either at AWANA, Sub30, or at RLC this weekend.
We serve an amazing God. Let’s be Salt and Light for Him this Week.
Howdy RLC! I’m still so amped up from the wonderful day we experienced yesterday at RLC!
Now is the time to take that excitement and passion into the world around us! Love it.
Here are a few things I wanted to share with you today and leading into this brand new week.
1.Weekend Recap. If you missed yesterday at RLC you really missed something special. The band was awesome, the coffee was great, but most importantly God was there. It was such a joy seeing so many connect with the power and presence of God and witnessing life-change happening. That’s why we do what we do anyway. When the lights are turned off, the coffee cups are thrown away, the bagels are eaten, and the doors are locked are primary hope is for changed lives. I love being a part of a church that works so hard to keep the MAIN THING the MAIN THING.
2. Message Recap. You are an Overcomer. This week don’t forget that positionally you are already an overcomer. You simply have to walk in it. You may have problems but you don’t have to let your problems define who you are. Stand strong in who you are and what God has to say about you.
REMEMBER: When you know WHO you are, you’ll know WHAT to do.
VIDEO INFO: We had a little trouble with the live feed but you can go to the RLC YouTube Channel at: http://www.youtube.com/myreallifechurch to view the archive.
3. DREAM TEAM COOKOUT was rescheduled due to the crummy weather to Friday (May 3rd), 6pm at Covington Woods Park
Check out our facebook page for updated info.
5. RLC | COLLEGE was a huge success this past Wednesday night and we’re set to do again in two days! If you know someone who’s a Young Adult (18-30) tell them about this amazing event. It happens every Wednesday at RLC at 8:30pm.
Also, we’re renaming it sub30 so all non-collegiate You Adults will also feel welcome.
This week we will be exploring the second part of our new series “The Walking Dead: How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse“. There’s also going to be some “FEAR FACTOR”, the RLC Band, and free food at the end. It’s going to be awesome!
Don’t miss it.
There’s so much to be thankful for and celebrate at RLC. Don’t miss a single worship experience. These are the times and seasons in life we’ll remember always.
Can’t wait to see everyone this week at a life group, sub30, Dream Team Cookout, or this Sunday.
Don’t forget… You are an Overcomer.