Hello RLC! Still celebrating our great weekend and one last time, “Happy Mother’s Day”.
Here are a few things I want to share with you this week >>>
1. I QUIT… LIVING IN FEAR. It was an honor and joy to celebrate Mother’s Day with you all as well as share the next part of our series “I Quit… Living in Fear”. My hope is that all our mom’s felt honored as well as empowered yesterday to stop living in fear and embrace the freedom of knowing God is in control.
2. SUMMER OF COMMUNITY. It’s hard to believe SUMMER OF COMMUNITY is back again. Last year was such a huge success that we decided to do it again. Beginning May 25th, our entire church will be coming together in June and July under ONE WORSHIP EXPERIENCE. There were will also be various events intended to have us celebrating our church family and growing together. There will be cookouts, scavenger hunts, outreach events, women’s brunches, men’s bacon breakfasts, etc. Don’t miss a single thing going on. As soon as the Summer Calendar is finalized we will be posting it here. >>> http://experiencereallife.org/summer-of-community/
3. RLC | APP IS COMING! SUPER AWESOME NEWS!!! We’ve wanted a smartphone app for quite a while now and it’s finally almost here. With this app, you will be able to:
- Get up-to-the-minute updates on all things RLC.
- Watch any new RLC videos
- Check LifeGroup Listings
- Listen to new as well as archived messages
- Download message notes
- Give online
- Summer of Community Calendar
- Request prayer
- and much more.
Is there something else you’d like to see on this new mobile app? Let us know in the comments below.
5. LAST AWANA IS THIS WEDNESDAY. This Wednesday is awards night and the last AWANA evening for this semester. I want to say a big THANK YOU to all the people who have served so faithfully and made AWANA the success that it is. Thank you for serving and raising up our next generation of leaders.
6. LIFE GROUPS ENDING. This has been such an amazing LifeGroup semester. Thank you to all the LG Leaders who served so faithfully and investing in the lives of all our RLC family. You guys are so awesome. I already cannot wait for the FALL.
7. MY BABY IS GRADUATING. So, almost seven years ago I could hardly believe my wife was about to give birth to our first little girl… but then it happened.
Then, I couldn’t believe it when that little girl was about to take her first step… but then she did.
Then, I couldn’t believe it when that same little girl was about to be old enough to head off to pre-school.. but then she did.
Then, I couldn’t believe it when I looked up a few weeks ago and realized that same little girl, who I still sometimes forget isn’t a baby anymore, is about to graduate Kindergarten! WOW!
It’s amazing how time flies and how big your kids get seemingly overnight. What’s even more amazing is that her little sister, Ensley, is growing up just as fast.
Anyway, I wanted to celebrate this moment with all of you who read these weekly blog posts. It’s such an honor to be the father of two great kids. I just hope they quit growing too fast or maybe a better hope would be that their mom and I never forget to take time out to enjoy each passing moment.
That’s it for this week. You all are so very awesome. Look forward to seeing you this coming Sunday.