I love Life Groups because…
I recently read an article which said these were the top ten reasons why people love Life Groups:
- I love getting beyond just saying “hey” to other people on Sunday mornings. Going to church can be hard when you feel like you don’t really know anyone well.
- Seeing people talk about what God is doing in their life has challenged and encouraged my faith!
- It’s amazing to see that everyone in my LifeGroup has the same challenges my family does. I’ve realized we’re not all alone.
- The support my group provides me is invaluable. Through births and deaths, as a group we’ve always been there for each other.
- I love seeing people make a breakthrough in their understanding of Jesus and take one step closer to him.
- I experience God’s presence among others in a very powerful way.
- My LifeGroup has become like a family to me. I don’t have extended family around here, so I can’t tell you how much it means to me.
- I finally have deep friendships where I can discuss my life and my faith.
- I’ve enjoyed the accountability–having others push me to the next level.
- Watching people become Christians and grow as Christians in a LifeGroup makes it all worthwhile.
My Personal List:
>>> I love realizing I’m not the only one to NOT have life figured out.
>>> I love being a part of gatherings where we make memories.
>>> I love having a close relationships that become my second family.
>>> I love getting past the simple hello and goodbye of Sunday morning.
>>> I love hearing someone say, “How was your week?” and they are actually curious.
>>> I love having someone I can tell my funny story to or someone I can cry with.
>>> I love knowing someone is praying for me everyday.
>>> I love being around people who see the best in me and try to help me achieve it not just see the worst in me and expect it.
>>> I love realizing I’m not alone.
Here’s my list, what’s yours?
It’s for all these reasons and more that we will always be passionate about Life Groups. I truly believe true discipleship happens in the context of relationship. When we get together we grow, we become, we feel at home. That’s Life Groups.
That’s Real Life Church.