Here are a few things to know:
1. TOXIC 4- TOXIC RELATIONSHIPS.Yesterday we finished up the series TOXIC talking about the power and the simplicity of the Gospel. Our desire to be RIGHT and do RIGHT is a great thing. However when we let the WHAT override the WHO in our relationship with God it can become TOXIC RELIGION. We discussed how TOXIC
RELIGION focuses on the external work rather than the internal transformation.
The most tweeted comment from yesterday was, “If all you get out of Christianity is a bunch of rules and moral code, you’ve missed the point. It’s about a relationship with God.”
Check out the RLC | PODCAST to discover how to understand Toxic Words. RLC | Podcast from the RLC website here.
2. NEW SERIES- MR. AND MRS. BETTER HALF. Did you know that when a couple gets married they rolling the dice and there’s a 54% chance their marriage will not see year five? There’s also a remarkably high number of marriages who will see year five but not without many seasons of separation and counseling.
Why do we have this idea that we can just “wing it” when it comes to such a crucial relationship?
We prepare for years and invest thousands of dollars on our profession but we never give a second thought to our relationships. NOT ANYMORE.
This series is not just for married couples. If you are divorced, engaged, or just hope to snag someone someday, this series is for you.
3. RLC | CONNECT. Don’t forget the number one way to stay up to date with all things are RLC is still RLC | CONNECT. That’s the weekly eNewsletter which releases on Friday mornings around 7:00am.
4. TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY. It’s hard to believe but RLC is coming up on it’s 2 year anniversary. Come celebrate this amazing occasion February 2nd.
5. SPECIAL TIME FOR CHURCH 101. When Real Life Church first launched in 2012, we had so many people with so many questions about our church. Not only that but there were also many who were experiencing the love of God and committing their lives to Christ at an amazing rate. We felt that these two challenges were related. People needed to know what to do in taking the first steps of their faith as well as understand if RLC was the place to do that.
To address both of these challenges we began doing something we called GROWTH TRACK. This process is intended to help people begin the journey from wherever they are and move them toward becoming a fully devoted follower of Jesus Christ. The first step along the way is what we called CHURCH 101. It’s a time when we discuss the power of the local church in our lives and what it’s all about.
Now, to celebrate YEAR TWO of RLC and moving into this new stage of our church, we’re launching GROWTH TRACK again beginning FEBRUARY 2nd. Join us as we move toward Christ and becoming closer to God and each other together. Fore more information about GROWTH TRACK, click here.
BECAUSE OF SUPER BOWL SUNDAY, we will be having CHURCH 101 THIS SUNDAY AT –>4:00PM<–
Now you can learn about Real Life Church and be home in time for the game.
6. LIFEGROUPS. When I made the announcement that some of the SPRING LifeGroups had limited seating available so you needed to be quick to reserve your spot, I wasn’t prepared for the response. WOW! There have been so many people signing up it’s amazing and refreshing.
I cannot wait to see Real Life Church grow deeper this semester in our relationship with God and with each other.
The Bible says that “Iron Sharpens Iron” (Proverbs 27:17) which is talking about the positive potential of relationships in our lives. The only thing about that is though, you have to get close. Two pieces of iron cannot sharpen each other from across the room. They have to get close and rub shoulders, get involved, become friends…. in essence “DO LIFE” together. That’s what LifeGroups are about. We’re taking this journey of life seriously and working together to become all God has called us to be. Check out the RLC LifeGroup List on our website and learn more about what’s going on, where to sign up, and check back often for further group information.
I’m so excited to be a part of Real Life Church and witness all that God is doing in the lives of those who have to call it home. I can’t wait to see what is coming in 2014.
Don’t forget, you’re awesome.