Hello RLC!!! Thank you so much for making this past Sunday another great moment in my life. It’s always such a blessing to be a part of what God is doing at our church and how He’s changing poeple’s lives. Three people made a commitment for Christ this past weekend! That never gets old.
Here are some things I wanted to share with you this week:
1. The End of a great series. This past week ended a series which has already become something special. I truly believe God spoke healing, peace, and assurance in the lives of so many over the past month as we’ve wrestled with the question, “WHY?”. Below are links to the four “WHY” questions we asked. God isn’t insulted by our questions. Never be afraid to ask why.
- Part 1: Why Don’t I Always Feel the Presence of God?
- Part 2: Why Didn’t God Answer My Prayer?
- Part 3: Why Doesn’t God Seem Fair?
- Part 4: Why Would God Use Me?
2. LifeGroup Leadership Training. Ever thought about leading a lifegroup? Want to hear more about our lifegroup system and how you can be a part of it? If that’s you then join us this coming Sunday night for our Summer LifeGroup Leadership Training. This time together will show you the blueprint for how you can get more involved in the RLC LifeGroup Community. It’s going to be an amazing even led by our LifeGroup Team Leader Jamey O’Connor.
3. RLC | SERVE DAY. Coming July 20th. More info is coming on this soon but don’t miss your chance now to be a part of a churchwide day to SERVE the City of Bowling Green.
4. Declaring a winner. This Sunday we will be announcing the winner of the first ever RLC | SCAVENGER HUNT. It’s going to be a lot of fun. Thanks again to everyone who participated and made it such a success.
5. DISCOVER | RLC. This past Sunday night was our monthly DISCOVER | RLC event. It’s always such a blessing to be able to tell the story, the vision, and the structure of RLC with everyone. It’s also great to be able to personally connect with those God is sending to RLC as well. The group who attended this month was a blessing. We had a great time of sharing vision, discovering our ministry gifts, and generally having a lot of fun. I look forward to connecting with you guys more in the future.
6. RLC | Family Movie Night. Coming July 28th. When July comes to an end so will our SUMMER OF COMMUNITY. Don’t miss Family Movie Night as we go out with a bang and enjoy a great time of family and community. >>>> Link to more info on this.
7. Starting this Sunday>>> HONOROLOGY. Honor. What is it?
What does it mean to have a lifestyle of honor?
Who do we honor?
Where do we honor?
How do we honor?
This subject is something the Body of Christ needs to revisit. With all the busy schedules, conflicts, work events, etc, etc, we can get so busy we forget to stop and honor one another.
Over the next THREE weeks we’re going to take a spotlight and shine it into some rusty areas of our lives and see what God would speak to us about the need for honor. Are we honoring God? Are we honoring our neighbor? Are we honoring ourselves?
This series is going to be amazing and I can’t wait to share it with you starting this Sunday.
I truly believe in order for Real Life Church to take the next step in where God wants us to go we have to learn about HONOR. Honor IS the next step toward where God is taking us. If we can embrace honor as a culture and not as an event we are about to see things we will be telling our grandkids about. “I was at RLC when God elevated it to another level”. Get ready for the favor of God to be poured out in your personal life, in your family, in our church, and in our city.