This video is simply great. All runners will totally get this.
My dad taught me whenever looking for a car to buy to always check under the hood.
Always look and see how the engine was.
A car can look great on the outside. It can have a great paint job with great tires, amazing upholstery, and all the extras on the inside.
However, if the engine is bad the car is no good. You can look great and still not be able to get out of the driveway.
That’s why you always look under the hood and see how things are really doing.
That’s what I think DISCOVER | RLC is. After most people have been attending RLC for a while they want to know what we’re all about, what makes us tick, and what’s our game plan for the future.
They want to know what our structure looks like and what the WIN is for us.
In short, they want to look under the hood.
At RLC we want you to know as much as possible about us so you feel comfortable not only calling RLC home but a place to raise your family, give, and serve. Really becoming part of the RLC community.
DISCOVER | RLC is the chance for you to become acquainted with all of the above questions and more.
You’ll also learn about why we do what we do and what the BIG WINs are for us.
There’s even a chance to find out how you can become part of this process and fulfill your God-given ministry calling.
These events happen every month on the first Sunday evening at 6pm with a free meal provided as well as free childcare.
For more information, visit the DISCOVER | RLC Page on the Official Real Life Church website and register for this free event.
I look forward to seeing you there.
This week I’m enjoying The GROW Conference for the third year and am loving every minute of it.
Most conferences I try to come away with one takeaway. This conference has been so impactful in my life that I now try to have one takeaway per day.
Here’s the takeaway for tonight’s opening session.
TAKEAWAY: Success is when the people from our city move from where they are to where God wants them to be.
We want those far from God to find Christ.
We want those who have found Christ to then move toward being delivered from the curse of sin.
We want those delivered to be redeemed and find their ministry calling.
Once they find it, we want them to have an opportunity to then pursue it.
This is huge because it can be so easy to lose site of what the “WIN” is.
As long as RLC continues to move people from where they are toward where God wants them to be, we’re moving in the right direction.
Coming July 28th at 6:00pm is the first ever RLC |Family Movie Night.
This event is the grand finale of our Summer of Community. It’s been an absolutely amazing Summer getting to know so many who know call RLC home. We want to cap this season off with a great evening of family, fun, and a movie. Join all your RLC crew for “Wreck It Ralph”. (IMDB info below). It’s sure to be a lot of fun. This is open for everyone so make sure and bring the whole family.
See you there.
Wreck It Ralph Info:
Wreck-It Ralph is a 2012 American computer-animated family-comedy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and
released by Walt Disney Pictures. It is the 52nd animated feature in the Walt Disney Animated Classics series.
Release date: November 2, 2012 (USA)
Director: Rich Moore
Running time: 120 minutes
What an amazing weekend we just experienced. It never gets old celebrating changed lives with you. Two more people experienced the life-changing hope of salvation through Jesus Christ this past Sunday. Simply awesome.
Here are a few things I wanted to share with you this week:
1. WHY???. Sometimes as a pastor you just know when a series is going to be something special. Heading into this one, I had that feeling and it has not disappointed. I’ve already begun to hear from so many of you how these past two weeks have really been something amazing. It’s such a blessing to hear and see how God is impacting your lives and giving you such hope and peace in areas you’ve struggled with. This past weekend’s question, “Why Didn’t God Answer My Prayer?” was something very close to my heart. Of all the questions we will cover in this series, this one is probably the one I’ve struggled with the most. However, God is so very faithful and has proven how good He is over and over.
Don’t allow present disappointments overshadow your relationship with Him. Don’t forget. God never closes a door without opening another.
2. SCAVENGER HUNT. I am so excited about the very first RLC Scavenger Hunt. Jamey O’Connor and Jess Davis have done an amazing job preparing this amazing event. It all begins this Sunday at the church at 4pm. There, you will receive instructions and a handout with a list of all the things you’ll need to be part of the hunt. The contest will conclude at 6pm at Covington Woods Park with a cookout and turning in your findings. This is going to be awesome.
3. LIVE STREAM. Many of the faithful RLC family attend church while traveling via RLC ONLINE. If you are one of these RealLifer’s you’ve probably noticed the feed has been down the past couple of weeks. Currently we’re considering some other options for the stream and hope to have something resolved soon. Till then, you can view the service on the RLC YouTube Channel. It’s posted as early in the week as possible.
4. DISCOVER | RLC. Have you ever wanted to know more about RLC, how we got here, where we’re going, and what it would look like if you got involved? RLC|DISCOVER is where you need to be July 7th at 5:00pm. At this free event you and I will discuss all these questions and more. I love sharing the story of RLC and even more the passion we have to see others impacted by the life-changing hope of Jesus Christ. We also have free childcare available upon request so nothing can stand in your way. There’s also a free meal provided.
All you need to do is register here. That’s it. Look forward to seeing you there.
5. LIFEGROUP LEADERS. Do you love doing things with friends? Do you enjoy having people over at your house? Do you love geting together with others and having fun? If so, you are not only perfect for attending a LifeGroup but you may also have what it takes to be a LifeGroup Leader. If you would like more information about what it would look like to host a LifeGroup this Fall come to this Summer’s LifeGroup Leader Training event coming up this July. It’s going to be great. More details are coming soon.
Hello RLC! What an amazing start to a beautiful week. There are 4 things I want to share with you today:
1. HUGE shout out to all the amazing RLC Dream Team for living the dream with us this weekend! It’s such an honor to be a part of a church where we can love one another and growth together. You guys are the best!
2. Big Shout Out to everyone for helping us move the sound equipment to the other side of the room last week. You guys are all awesome. Extra shout out to Bill Jarobe! You’re the man!
3. What an amazing time we had learning about having a “STORY WORTH TELLING”. The first part of our new series was entitled “I Decided to Start”. What’s the one thing you can start in order to move toward the Story you want to tell?
At the end of the worship experience I showed you a video of CARDBOARD TESTIMONIES. Below is the video again.
So, what is it? What’s the one thing you can do to really live the best Story possible?
How are you doing so far? I’m so excited to be moving forward together.
4. Don’t forget about the Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt coming March 29th, 6:30pm at Preston Miller Park. It’s going to be huge! Make plans to attend now. If you would like to be part of the volunteer team making this annual event happen, email the coordinator here.
That’s it for now.
Can’t wait to see you this week at a life group or AWANA. Let’s live our story well this week!
Hello RLC! It’s great to be back at it writing the weekly wrap up we call “A Letter to RLC>>>”. Today I have six things to share with you:
#1. What an amazing first week at our new location on Scottsville Road! It felt great to stand and talk with everyone following the worship experience and not having to hurry and tear everything down. We will miss the theater but we are already enjoying the benefits of being stationary. This facility is going to be a great way to impact our community, begin small groups for college and high school students, be a staging point for outreach, better band rehearsals, etc, etc,… The sky is the limit when we begin to work together. I cannot wait to see what’s just around the corner. 2013 is going to be a year to remember!
#2. SHOUT OUTS!!! If I began saying THANK YOU to everyone who made this past weekend at our new location possible, I’d run of room before I ran out of names. Therefore let me simply say THANK YOU to everyone. You know who you are. It doesn’t matter what you did, big or small. Without you it wouldn’t have been possible. Every chair, light, truss, carpet, bags, platforms, etc, etc, etc—- that was moved, cleaned, and placed was all done for the glory of God. Thank you for making it all possible.
#3. Two people committed their lives to Christ Sunday! That never gets old! Let’s pray for them this week as they begin their journey toward Christ. At RLC we don’t want people to do life alone.
#4. I’m so proud of all those who have committed to taking the fasting journey. RLC began an increased time of prayer and fasting last week. This Sunday was the completion of the first week. It’s such a joy to be surrounded by people who are serious about taking their relationship with God to the next level. I’ve made a personal commitment to not only taking the journey with you but also blogging about it everyday. —>Here is a link to it.<— For all those fasting… keep it up! Don’t quit. You’re accomplishing more than you know.
#5. This weekend Upcoming Series is something I’ve been excited about for a while now. It’s called Soul Detox. Did you know that we are not a body with a soul but rather a soul with a body? We all know that body needs rest, relaxation, and care. However, when is the last time we did that for our soul? In this series we’re going to unpack what it means to ‘detox’ your soul.
#6. God gave us a place. It’s up to us to fill it up. Invite. Invite. Invite. So far this year God has really been speaking to me that our church is in a great place spiritually and physically to move forward. We finally have a location which will allow us to move out and up toward everything God has for us.
However, none of that just happens. There’s not going to be a GreyHound bus pull up next Sunday with people marching off in a straight line saying, “What must I do to be saved?”
Sure it’s possible but not really probable. The real way people are going to come to Real Life Church and experience our life-changing atmosphere is when we invite, invite, invite.
The responsibility is ours to invite. It’s God’s responsibility to speak to their hearts. We plant the seed. God makes it grow. I’m committing to inviting more people. How about you?
Why wouldn’t we want to ask people to come to a place where they can find hope, freedom, and acceptance?
I love you RLC!
Can’t wait to see you again this weekend or at a life group this week!
What an amazing weekend we had!
It was awesome! Hope everyone is having a great New Year’s week. Here are 4 quick things I wanted to share with you this week.
#1- Big shout out to Jamey O’Connor. Great job sharing the Word of God with us. Loved his points. Very quotable, memorable and applicable.
#2- Since being a Christian there have been times in my life when I’ve made sincere steps forward in my walk with God. It’s always come during times of fasting.
Let’s be clear. Fasting doesn’t change God. It changes us. It quiets our noisy lives so we can hear Him more clearly. If you haven’t already you should start thinking about taking part in the Fasting Challenge starting January 6th. There’s more info on the Real Life Church website.
#3- You are vital in helping us get the word out about the BIG NEWS! Tell everyone you know about RLC’s opportunity to take the next step toward the Vision God has given this great move of God.
#4- THE BIG NEWS. It’s a New Day for RLC! We will be relocating quickly. The first day at our new location is on January 13, 2013 is the big day!
Keep reading my blog and watching the website for updated info as it becomes available.
Greater things are on the way!!! It’s so awesome to be a part of Real Life Church!